This article will provide a head-to-head comparison review of Viparspectra vs Mars Hydro LED Grow Light brands to help you choose the best grow light for your indoor growing setup.
Growing your favorite flowers and vegetable plants indoors can be rewarding. But setting up an indoor garden using LED grow lights can be an expensive proposition compared to growing under sunlight or standard fluorescent lamps. Determining the best grow light for your needs and your budget can be overwhelming. However, reading through my detailed LED grow light reviews will help make it easier to find what you are looking for.
In this post, I compare the Mars Hydro, and Viparspectra brands with reference to the Viparspectra Reflector-Series 600W LED Grow Light, and Mars Hydro Reflector 720w LED Grow light. Whether you are using your LED grow lights in a small grow tent setup or a massive hydroponic garden, you’ll gain the knowledge to chose the right grow light for your needs.
Viparspectra Grow Light Features
Even though the LED industry is known for higher start-up costs than traditional lights, the Viparspectra brand has become popular for its affordable, high-quality LED grow lights. Viparspectra can keep its costs down because it directly markets itself as opposed to its competitors who rely on intermediaries and distributors to sell their products.
Viparspectra products like the Viparspectra Reflector-Series 600W LED grow light have the following standard design features.
- LED angle: 990
- Input Voltage Range: 100-240V AC
- Frequency range: 50-60Hz
- Warranty: 3 years
- Lifespan: 100,000 hours
- Product line: dimmable, reflector, and timer controller series
- Additional features: power cord, hanging kit, 4.72-inch fans
- Viparspectra LEDs employ the 5-watt Epileds and Bridgelux combinations for high-quality chips. The lights have spectral ranges including 440nm, 460nm, 580nm, 615nm, 660nm, and 730 nm (infrared).
Viparspectra LED grow light Pros
- They are affordable, making them especially useful for mid-tier and beginner growers.
- They have an extended 3-year warranty. They also feature a 30-day repair, money back, or product exchange policy.
- They feature a heat sink and self-cooling fan system. The fans measure 4.72 inches, and each is designed with its heat sink to enhance heat dissipation. This ensures the lights run cooler than most conventional lighting which heats up quickly.
- They are low-energy consumers. They are noted for this exceptional feature compared to other brands in the market. For instance, the Viparspectra Reflector-Series 600W LED series uses only 269 watts.
- They can be controlled using a timer; thus, you won’t need any ballast.
Viparspectra LED grow light Cons
- From the analysis of some customer reviews of Viparspectra LED grow lights, this brand is perceived to manufacture products that fail after a short period of use. However, this problem can be resolved with the 30-day return policy and 3-year warranty.
- Viparspectra’s customer care support lacks timely response to customer complaints.
Mars Hydro LED Grow Light Features
So what about Mars Hydro grow lights? This brand offers a wide fixture range spanning from 400 to 1600 watts. This implies the LED grow lights from Mars Hydro cater to a wide range of plants. Mars Hydro LED grow lights will meet your taste and needs based on such factors as wattage, strength, and power. Whether you are focusing on vegging, fruiting, flowering, or starting seeds indoors, you will find these LED lights an excellent alternative.
- They are uniquely designed with a compact size which makes an excellent option for gardeners with limited growing space.
- Power consumption range: 100-220V
- High energy saving and efficiency
- Product warranty: 1 year
- Lifespan: 50,000 hours
Mars Hydro Reflector LED Grow Light Pros
- Mars Hydro is renowned for reliability. The brand has been on the market for seven years and has supplied customers with 100% authentic LED grow lights.
- Mar Hydro lights come with a full spectrum ratio including white, red, and blue which are useful for flowering and vegetative stages.
- They have internal fans and heat sinks in appropriate amounts. This feature ensures the LED system components work within efficient temperature ranges.
- They are reasonably affordable.
- They use energy efficiently.
- Mars Hydro offers top-quality customer service with a service center based in California.
Mars Hydro Reflector LED grow light Cons
- Some users remarked the cooling system in the Mars Hydro lights isn’t always efficient but this problem was addressed in the MarsII series of grow lights.
Viparspectra vs Mars Hydro LED Grow Light Final Verdict
While both LED grow light brands are popular with indoor gardeners, which one is best for you will depend on your unique growing situation. Viparspectra offers a more extensive range of products than Mars Hydro and provides a longer warranty period. However, Mars Hydro’s customer service can’t be beaten and with a US-based service center, turn around time on repairs could be much quicker. Mars Hydro’s compact size makes them appealing to gardeners with limited space.
For gardeners looking for maximum wattage, Viparspectra offers a 1200w Full Spectrum LED grow light. While Mars Hydro’s top end MarsII provides a whopping 1600w.
If you’re still on the fence, my advice is to opt for the Mars Hydro brand if you want to invest in a quality light that will stand the test of time. If you’re on a tight budget, then the Viparspectra models will get the job done.
So, which of the two brands suits your needs?